Oooh man yall. I feel like this recipe should come with some kind of warning! Like, warning: highly addictive and may cause severe drooling.
Puff Pastry (thawed)
Bundle of asparagus spears (trim the ends)
Cheeeeese (I’ve used both Gouda and Provolone - both are great! Gouda gives it a creamier center and the provolone gave it a nice “sharpness” in contract with the Prosciutto)
1 beaten egg
- Preheat oven to 425
- Take out puff pastry and roll it out so you almost double the size of the original sheet
- Using a knife or a pizza cutter, cut each sheet into 4 squares
- Put a layer of Prosciutto from one corner, down the middle
- Put 3 or 4 asparagus spears on top of prosciutto and drizzle lightly with olive oil and pepper
- Put the cheese on top of the spears
- Take the two opposite corners (that obviously dont have all the goodies on them) and make them hug that damn good looking bundle!
- Gently press down the top corner so that a seal is formed
- Place bundles on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or foil (I’ve used both and see no real difference, except if you use foil- I recommend spraying cooking spray on it before you place your undies down to make it easier to remove after baking
- Take your beaten egg and brush some on top of each bundle and then crack more pepper on top
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until you see the top off the bundle looking all nice and crispy
- Eat right away and don’t say I didn’t warn you about these!